Friday, May 19, 2006

Look what the postman brought

Yesterday I received the lovely package from Erin, that I won in her birthday draw :-) I'd been feeling rather down (had a good cry and talked to DH, just work winding me up really!), so you can imagine this was just the tonic:



There is a huge skein of Skacel laceweight merino (1375 yards!), yummy Cadburys Caramel choccies (all gone now I'm afraid!), and the cutest beanie ram whose name is Bam :-) This really tickled me, I call Basil (one of the chinchillas) Bam or Bam Bam :-) Thank you so much Erin!

I think I'm going to go ahead and order the winder, I have fairly imminent use for one to wind the second skein of posh yarn. Also fighting the urge to order yarn for another Clapotis, the trouble is I've seen it now and that was weeks ago, I've held out an awfully long time LOL.

Today I've been looking up hotels in North Yorkshire/York, as DH suggested we go away for a few days over our wedding anniversary (aww). Our first one too, although we've been together a long long time :-) He already knows I want to visit the Wensleydale Longwool Sheep Shop, didn't bat an eyelid :-D It's an area we've visited a few times (York, Castle Howard, Rievaulx Abbey, Fountains Abbey etc.) but only on day trips, so it would be great to have a base for exploring. Not too far away either so no long 8+ hour drives that we've done for the past 5 or 6 years to Cornwall! We love the place but we need a break from frantically packing everything but the kitchen sink for 2 weeks' self-catering in a rented cottage :-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 8:07 pm, May 19, 2006, Blogger Joanne said...

Bam the ram is just so cute! It'll be fun to see what you make with your new yarn!

ps... hi from the newest member on the Sgt. Pepper KAL

http://www.rjconklin.com/keeptalking.htm

 
At 9:52 pm, May 19, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm looking forward to hearing about how the winder works out. Did you get those lace blocking wires in the end? Just wondered as I was thinking about getting some.

 
At 6:48 am, May 20, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Oh, what a lovely package you received - I'm sure it cheered you up considerably, so it obviously arrived at the absolutely perfect time! Looking forward to see what you're going to make with this new yarn!

 
At 3:07 pm, May 20, 2006, Blogger T said...

The parcel is perfect - everything is so nice :)

Mmm, nice break you have planned there.

I don't know. You people have no self-control when it comes to spending money on knitting, I bet you wish you were like me mwahahahaha! ;) :P

 
At 4:22 pm, May 20, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

What a lovely package and at just the right time.

I hope you have a fab time away in York. What a well trained hubby - planning trips that include yarn shopping.

 
At 4:49 pm, May 20, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

What a wonderful package to receive! No wonder it cheered you up!

Remember too that there's Sheepish in Knaresborough to visit on your trip to North Yorks! You will have a lovely time there, it is such a beautiful area.

 
At 10:54 pm, May 21, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

What a lovely package! Sorry you've been feeling down. I hope you enjoy your planned break.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home