Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hats ahoy

Hopefully our internet connection is sorted out (saying that very quietly!) - DH phoned BT's technical support earlier today, who are now located on the other side of the world! They said they'd phone back, they haven't but *touch wood* not long after that the connection settled down. Hohum.

So, we have hat photos and yarn photos :-) First the hats, this is the Odessa I just finished:



Yarn is RYC Cashsoft DK in "Crush". There is a reasonable chunk of yarn left from the ball, I always wonder about one-skein patterns in case it is very close on yardage, but it's unlikely you'd run out with this. I wasn't impressed to find a big ugly knot half way through the ball though! It's very nice to knit with, soft and doesn't tend to split.

This is the Odessa in Wendy Supreme Cotton DK that I finished a wee while ago. Both are due to be posted off to Caps for a Cure this week.



Additions have been made to the stash this week, firstly this lovely stuff:



Cascade 220 from Get Knitted, the original pink used for Wavy. I shall enjoy knitting that later this year :-) The yarn is gorgeous soft stuff, I can see it might be addictive.

I ordered this from Jannette yesterday lunchtime and it arrived this morning, lightning-fast:



Rowan Yorkshire Tweed DK in Lime Leaf, on offer as it has been discontinued. I also won a 350+g cone of YT DK in Skip (the same colour I'm doing Brigitte in) from ebay yesterday for a whole 6 pounds something :-) This I think will end up as either a v-necked tank or a sleeveless wrap (or a bolero or shrug or ...). Jannette currently has quite a few colours in the YT 4-ply at a very good price indeed, if anyone is in the market for it!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 7:07 pm, May 23, 2006, Blogger T said...

I've got a horrible feeling I keep asking you questions that you've already answered, so I'm sorry if that's the case. Old age creeping in ;)

Love the new Odessa too, naughty about the knot though. Hope the internet stays good for you.

 
At 8:21 pm, May 23, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so excited about the cascade 220 finally being available from a UK online store. I can't wait to buy some. That pink is so nice!

 
At 9:10 am, May 24, 2006, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

I absolutely love your Odessas, they look so gorgeous! And that yarn you got for yourself is simply stunning, such great colors! I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to make with all of it - have fun knitting!

 
At 9:16 am, May 24, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Those Odessa's are just beautiful! I know that the person that gets them will just love them! I love your new yarn additions the colors are great, I can't wait to see what you make! By the way would you like some of the Brown Sheep that I got for the group?? If you do email me! Happy knitting!

 
At 9:17 am, May 24, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Wow - the odessas are lovely! And you got more yarn! More! More!
Not that I can pick ;-)

 
At 10:19 am, May 24, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

The Odessas are lovely, I'm sure whoever gets them will be delighted with them.

The Cascade looks divine and such a pretty colour.

 
At 9:11 pm, May 24, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Wow, those are beautiful hats! The recipients will be delighted with them.

More yummy yarn! You've got some beautiful shades there.

Hope everything's sorted out with t'internet connection - fingers crossed...

 
At 5:13 pm, May 28, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

I love those Odessa hats and the Cascade yarn looks just scrumptious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home