Monday, May 08, 2006

Coming up for air

It has been a busy 7 days, not helped by what seem to be intermittent hayfever symptoms! Much of last week was spent feeling distinctly drained. I am currently running on Time Lite (tm). Not enough hours in the day to achieve everything I'd like to, as a consequence I've been rather scarce online. I've been trying to concentrate on some knitting, specifically finishing my longer-standing WIPs. As you can see from the progress bar, I'm onto the home strait with ruffling Latifa. It certainly feels good to have passed the half way mark. I've speeded up in picking up stitches but still, the final row and the casting off seem to take forever for each one. I'm aiming to have Latifa finished by the end of next weekend. Having said that, I've not touched it tonight, but a large-ish pile of ironing was shifted! Once the scarf is done, I'll concentrate on the jacket. One thing at once until these 2 are finished is my mantra :-)

I was cheered up immensely on Saturday by the arrival of the amulet bag that I won in the draw from Hazel. The bag contained a beautiful piece of citrine, the picture does it absolutely no justice at all. There was also a surprise in the form of a very funky watch, in similar Project Spectrum April colours. Hazel was very thoughtful indeed and popped a spare battery in for the watch as well :-) Thanks again Hazel, they are lovely!


Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:59 am, May 09, 2006, Blogger T said...

I won't keep you - you're a woman on a mission! ;) *chants* "One thing at once, one thing at a time" You keep going girl :)

What a lovely amulet bag, how kind of Hazel. Citrine is a beautiful stone and that watch is stunning.

Feel better soon and be kind to yourself.

 
At 9:04 am, May 09, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

What a great package. The watch is beautiful.

Hope the hayfever isn't driving you crazy. Keep up the knitting, sounds like you're almost done.

 
At 9:24 am, May 09, 2006, Blogger Seahorse said...

What a lovely gift! Glad to hear you feel like your getting somewhere with your knitting.

 
At 11:59 am, May 09, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling one hundred percent. Hayfever can be very draining on its own and, if you're also feeling under time pressure, even worse! :-( Glad the package cheered you up. The Latifa scarf sounds a lot of work but it'll be worth it in the end and I think you're very virtuous having the strength of will to stick to one project at a time. That's what I'm trying to do, too.

 
At 6:38 pm, May 09, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Time Lite - I like it!! I hope you're feeling much better soon. Good to hear that you are progressing with Latifa.

Your parcel from Hazel is lovely - so thoughtful! I bet that cheered you up no end :)

 
At 6:50 pm, May 09, 2006, Blogger Alice said...

Ironing? What do you mean, ironing? Haven't ironed for two years. Well, maybe once or twice, if I had to. Imagine all the knitting you could do instead, or eating cake, or something else good...... Anyway, the gifts are really lovely. Hope you aren't suffering too much. My OH really suffers badly with hayfever and it's horrid.

 
At 9:06 pm, May 09, 2006, Blogger Sarah said...

One thing at a time is definitely best! But why is it so hard to stick to?

 
At 7:34 am, May 10, 2006, Blogger sheep#100 said...

I saw your complimentary comment on Molly's Needles about my sock knitting bag. Thanks. I'm open to international swaps if you want one for yourself.

Take a peek at my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home