Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yarny goodness

My order from Posh Yarn arrived today - the original estimate for dispatch was Thursday but happily it was posted yesterday :-)



I am very pleased indeed with the yarn, it is gorgeous. It's Cordelia, the cashmere-silk aran in Mulberry, lovely muted deep purples. The picture is pretty much true to the actual colour. It arrived beautifully wrapped in tissue paper. I will definitely be back in the future! I'm itching to ball up one of the skeins and make a test swatch :-)

Also arriving pretty darned promptly from the US was the Brown Sheep Naturespun worsted for the Alien Illusion scarf. There should be enough for 2 scarves here. The yarn is from eBay shop Oregon Trail Yarn.



This is lovely soft yarn and at only 3 UK pounds per ball, very good value. It was also nice to see that the actual postage cost was in fact a few cents more than I actually paid, certainly no "hidden charges" there. Another seller I will happily trade with again.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:30 pm, April 25, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

Yay for alien illusion scarves, theylook fab as they start to reveal themselves.

Your Posh Yarn is simply gorgeous, that's such a fantastic colour.

 
At 7:10 pm, April 25, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Oh, that Posh Yarn looks delicious!!! Do you know how hard it is trying to keep my credit card away from that site?! ;D

Thanks for the tip on Oregon Trail Yarn too, I shall have to bookmark them.

 
At 7:45 pm, April 25, 2006, Blogger Mary-Lou said...

What a gorgeous colour the Posh Yarn stuff is! - what does it want to be?

 
At 8:08 pm, April 25, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Lovely yarn - particularly the Posh Yarn which looks absolutely scrumptious. I'm getting even more impatient for mine to arrive now! :-(

 
At 9:02 pm, April 25, 2006, Blogger T said...

Ooh, that Posh Yarn is as good as I'd hoped it would be. It is a lovely shade.

Excellent news that Oregon Trail give good service. I think I know several people who would like that scarf. I think there is an error in the pattern though? Or maybe only in the earlier prints of the book? Have to look into that.

 
At 6:50 pm, April 26, 2006, Blogger T said...

I'm liking the way the yarn matches the 'I am a total geek' colours on your button to the right. :)

 
At 6:35 pm, April 27, 2006, Blogger annarella said...

Wow, your Posh Yarn is just beautiful! One of my favourite colours ever, will just have to give it a try soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home