Saturday, April 22, 2006

Teeny Tiny felted tote pictures

By popular request (waves to nanatoo ;-) here's the completed teeny tiny tote:







Pattern: Teeny tiny felted tote by Sarah
Yarn: King Cole Luxury Mohair, shade Paris (approx. three quarters of a ball)
Needles: Denise interchangeable circs approx. 16" (the pattern says 24" but this is too big)
Dimensions: Pre-felting, approx 7 x 3.5 x 6 inches, post-felting approx 5 x 2.5 x 5 inches
Handles: Twisted cord using 2 strands of Stylecraft 100% wool DK

This was fun to make, especially the felting. It marks 4 "firsts" for me, bizarrely enough: felting, picking up stitches around a base to knit in the round, using the Denise set (found them great to work with), and making a twisted cord for the handle.

I made a buttonhole in the flap rather than make a loop (I didn't much fancy trying to crochet mohair yarn, and I can't really crochet yet ...). I found a crochet hook very useful for pulling the handle cord through the fabric though!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:24 pm, April 22, 2006, Blogger T said...

Oh yes! We love da colourful things :D It's gorgeous.

 
At 10:52 pm, April 22, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

It looks great felted.

 
At 10:41 am, April 23, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Ooooh, it's gorgeous! I love the colourway. The twisted cord handle looks great, I may have to borrow that idea ;)

 
At 2:01 pm, April 30, 2006, Blogger Lindsey said...

OK, I give in, I'm making one too. The cuteness factor is overwhelming. Now, if I just remember where my bag of mohair is...

PS Your bag is lovely

 
At 4:51 pm, April 30, 2006, Blogger Pennie said...

Cute, I love purses!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home