Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Neapolitan ice cream with rainbow sprinkles

In other words, Latifa has been cast-off, blocked, and the first few ruffles added! The washing and blocking evened out the sides very well, especially the green sections. You can see where the pin heads were as little "dimples" on the edges but these will drop out I think. I love the colours of the Koigu :-) The ruffles take longer than you think, it might take a wee while (something like 30 ruffles in total) but it's well worth it.





There's enough Silketweed left over to make a pair of wristers, I think.

Thanks you all for your pattern advice, much appreciated! I think I'll keep Picovoli for another day. I got the RYC Classic Art book today, along with Sirdar California Girls. I think I'm going to make the Vanessa short-sleeved sweater with the Wool Cotton. I also love the Georgina sleeveless wrap top, ideal for me as it's the sort of thing you can sling on over any summer top. California Girls has lots of excellent patterns which all knit to DK too, plenty there to keep me occupied. I'm going to get stuck in to the hooded jacket next, though. Branching Out is progressing, I can't memorise the pattern although I understand what all the stitches actually do (and it's lovely and symmetrical). From what I've read I'm not the only one who (a) can't memorise it and (b) can't read charts very well!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 6:10 pm, April 12, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

mmmmmm, Latifa is lovely just good enough to eat! Definitely reminds me of Neopolitan ice cream! Those ruffles are going to look fantastic.

 
At 10:37 pm, April 12, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Latifa is so very lovely!! Very pretty colors!! The ruffles looks wonderful!

 
At 11:36 pm, April 12, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

Ooo it loks fab. The colours look great together.

I couldn't memorise the pattern for BO either.

 
At 8:28 am, April 13, 2006, Blogger T said...

That is so gorgeous! It makes my eyes happy :) It is so worth the work isn't it?

Lace-schmace I say ;)

 
At 3:55 pm, April 13, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Latifa edible goodness! Neapolitan with pistachio! Yum!
I made a scarf very like brnaching out. Couldn't get the pattern into my head, but maybe that was to do with only getting half a repeat done on each train trip... New books sound good!

 
At 3:14 pm, April 14, 2006, Blogger Diane said...

I LOVE the Latifa! It looks so pretty with the ruffles on ,the colours are really soo nice together.... Neapolitan ice cream :0)yum yum!

 
At 4:42 pm, April 14, 2006, Blogger annarella said...

Your Latifa is coming along beautifully! I've always loved the pattern, can't wait to see it finished. What a fab job you're doing with it!

xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home