Saturday, April 22, 2006

How did that happen ....

I'll fess up, I have ordered yarn from Posh Yarn. Firstly I remembered it was Father's Day in June. Then it occurred to me that I hadn't knitted anything for my dad yet. DH will be having an Alien Illusion scarf which he is looking forward to (yarn hasn't arrived yet but it's coming from the US).

Now my dad, like a lot of men, is quite picky about what he'll wear. I saw the cashmere/silk mix yarn and thought, now that would be great for him, very soft and drapey, not too "chunky". I've ordered 2 skeins of the "Cordelia" cashmere/silk aran to make a scarf for him, in "Mulberry". I'm thinking either a simple ribbed scarf or possibly cabled like the Irish Hiking Scarf. I know he won't be able to wear it until the autumn now, but I think he needs a warm scarf for the winter! He has been a bit poorly recently with a few episodes of a vertigo-type condition, he's also a bit naughty in not always taking the medication when it's needed! It will be nice to make something for him, I just hope he likes it! (I suspect if he doesn't my mother will LOL!)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 5:30 pm, April 22, 2006, Blogger T said...

Yay you! The fact that you and Hazel got some first makes me feel less guilty.

I love Irish Hiking scarf if he wouldn't find it too much. Does he have Menieres? If so, I empathise.

 
At 5:53 pm, April 22, 2006, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Just had an email from Dee to say the yarn should be sent out on the 27th :-)

I need an excuse to learn cables and this looks like a good one!

Not sure if my dad has Menieres, the symptoms sound similar to what he describes - will ask him if the doctor has said what it's called, he always vague about these things (my dad not the doctor!).

 
At 6:48 pm, April 22, 2006, Blogger Minnieknits said...

Men hey? Hopeless when it comes to their health - hope its nothing too serious and wish your Dad a speedy recovery.
Now you, don't go dressing that purchase up with excuses about having to knit something for Fathers Day! You just couldn't resist it could you?
'Your powers are weak young lady!' (spoken in my huskiest Darth voice!).
And look what you've done?! - Tina's probably hitting the pay now button over at Posh Yarns as I type! LOL

 
At 7:46 pm, April 22, 2006, Blogger T said...

Haha! Ooh, you Michelle, whatever makes you say such a thing? :D

27th eh? It's lovely having something to look forward to.

Cables are easy and fun. Even I can do them.

 
At 8:17 pm, April 22, 2006, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

So what have you ordered then Tina? :-) *grin*

I'm also looking at maybe one of the fancier stitch patterns for the scarf, will have fun swatching the yarn to see what looks good :-)

 
At 8:18 pm, April 22, 2006, Blogger T said...

Not yet. Not quite ;) I'm frightening myself now to be honest with you, lol

 
At 10:57 pm, April 22, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

You lot are all as bad as each other! You really are a bunch of enablers.

Men really are a pain to knit for, but I'm sure he'll like it once you've made it.

 
At 10:43 am, April 23, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

*big grin*

I've resisted... so far...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home