Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Colinette Mill Shop buys, part two

Some more Point 5, this time in shade "Morocco" I think. I bought a kit with this last time, which made a hat and scarf, and I love the mix of colours:



Lastly 4 different skeins, left to right - mohair in deep purple shades, Giotto, Lasso (in Popsicle I think), and top is a very pink skein of Point 5:



I could probably have bought more yarn (stating the obvious there), but (a) I could just about carry 12 skeins! (no baskets provided, major oversight there LOL), and (b) I still have 8 skeins of Graffiti from the last visit, and 6 or 7 of Giotto bought for a sweater last year ....

They had what looked like an experimental run of yarn too, it was based on Giotto, the name began with "O", something like Oxo but obviously not Oxo! (might have been Ogo). The sign said it was available at the mill shop only. It's basically a shinier version of Giotto, very pretty it was too.

I am now coveting the throw kits, there were several knitted up on display and they are gorgeous. A future purchase there methinks!

Next post will be a couple of photos of the river that runs past the workshops. This is a very pretty setting indeed, there is the steam railway which runs between Llanfair and Welshpool, and the natural scenery which is a real pleasure to drive through.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 8:25 pm, April 18, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Ohhh all the wonderful yarn!! I would love to go over there just to go to Colinette!! Your pick up some great colors!

 
At 11:22 pm, April 18, 2006, Blogger T said...

I was thinking about buying half the ingredients of a throw kit and making a wrap, lol.

Love the Morocco colourway.

Interesting to maybe see the birth of a new yarn.

 
At 10:52 am, April 19, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

What gorgeous gorgeous yarn.

 
At 12:14 pm, April 19, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Oh, beautiful yarn! What gorgeous colours you chose. You must have felt like a child let loose in a sweet shop confronted with all that yarny goodness. Thanks for telling us all about your visit. Makes me feel like I want to go, too. :-)

 
At 9:13 am, April 20, 2006, Blogger annarella said...

OMG, that's yarn heaven, they're all so beautifulllll!!! xx

 
At 12:05 am, April 21, 2006, Blogger Diane said...

I'm getting even greener now!:0)

 
At 11:20 am, April 21, 2006, Blogger Minnieknits said...

OK, I've popped back for another thigh rubbing moment! lol!
I love Wales (all of it!) - it feels so rugged and almost untamed (well, compared to flat old Essex!), I have fond memories of holidays there both as a child and adult!

 
At 9:00 pm, April 21, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Yet more yummy yarn! Point 5 is just so delicious *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home