Thursday, March 02, 2006

Stitch markers and magazines

My beaded stitch markers (the "Brights" set) from Curious Yarns arrived yesterday. They are beautifully presented in a little metallic purple container, tied together with ribbon. Looking forward to using them on Clapotis this weekend.

Ambermoggie has made some beautiful stitch markers, using some semi precious stones and minerals, take a look!

I just took out a subscription to Interweave Knits magazine at P&M Woolcraft. I've heard good things about it and am looking forward to receiving my first copy.

I'd be interested on opinions about these other knitting magazines too: Vogue Knitting, Knitters and Spin Off. Are they worth buying regularly? Our local newsagents are not very good at stocking knitting magazines, you'd be lucky to find Simply Knitting or Knitting, the homegrown UK mags! I've never seen a copy of Vogue Knitting, which I guess is the most "famous" of the three.

Hoping to pick up the needles later on tonight, didn't do any knitting yesterday as I decided to catch up with everyone's blogs properly! Nice to see all the Olympic projects on display.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:13 pm, March 03, 2006, Blogger tgirl147 said...

Ahhh - knitting mags – a subject very close to my heart. My husband is American and since I started knitting last year I had a really good browse at what is around when we went out there last Autumn. They have a fantastic selection. Interweave Knits is my favourite but I also subscribe to Vogue Knitting which I find really aspirational. There are (of course being Vogue) some patterns which are "what were they thinking?" or even "what is it?" but if you want drop dead gorgeous patterns that make people in the street stop in front of you to touch your garment then a combination of Interweave Knitting & Vogue should serve you well. I feel let down by Simply Knitting lately. It started so well but since I subscribed it seems to have got very repetitive and there is hardly anything I want to knit in it at the moment. I also would like them to feature more patterns designed just for the mag rather than featuring things from existing pattern designer books. Maybe I'm just becoming an exceptional yarn snob in my old age!! ;-)

Take care & thanks for commenting in my "sick days". x

 
At 7:13 pm, March 14, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

I am lucky enough to recently have had two branches of Borders open near me, and there I can get both Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting if I am quick enough. Although I have only bought a few copies I like them both - they have a wide variety of projects and articles - it's always good to get another perspective on knitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home