Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Branching Out

I've started Branching Out from Knitty for my friend who is also the recipient for the bag I'm finishing. I'm also considering making a pair of wristers/mitts with a lace pattern, but probably only after I've sent the bag and scarf - this being a surprise and all!

I'm using the same yarn as for the bag, Stylecraft DK 100% wool in Ocean. It's harder to see the pattern at this stage, of course, but it will hopefully spread out beautifully once blocked. I think this is a very pretty pattern, and it reminds me of Rennie Mackintosh and Art Nouveau designs:



For once the camera flash actually aids viewing! This is three repeats in to the pattern. I'm planning on making it around 60 inches long.

Planning to start the jacket this weekend now. I need to visit the LYS tomorrow and buy some 7mm needles. I can't believe I don't have a pair! These will be for River by the way, I do have the 6 and 8mm ones required for the jacket.

Is anyone else having problems uploading pictures to Blogger? It wouldn't cooperate the last time I posted but was OK today. I've noticed it has had a tendency to be slow and unreliable of late.

Also feeling much better, thanks!

Erin asked about the cotton yarn: I found this very pleasant to knit with, and was surprised at this. The last time I knit with cotton was the intarsia sweater in the early 90s, and that particular brand tended to split rather easily. I had no such problems with the Wendy Supreme Cotton. Whether it being mercerised makes any difference, I don't know.

And finally - I got my free I-Pod shuffle today. It had arrived last Friday when I had the day off. It's very dinky, haven't had a chance to install it at home yet. I didn't realise it had a rechargeable battery and you just plug it in to a USB port to recharge!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:15 pm, March 29, 2006, Blogger sal the spider said...

Ohh, purty pattern :-) Blogger has been s-l-o-w lately or at a standstill on odd occasions :-(
Sal x

 
At 9:18 pm, March 29, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I love my I-pod shuffle! I even made a little for it! Branching out is off to a great start!

 
At 8:43 am, March 30, 2006, Blogger T said...

I know nothing of i-pods, lol :)

I love your 'Branching Out' it is a gorgeous pattern isn't it? Art Nouveau designs are my favourite and I can see what you mean.

 
At 10:55 am, March 30, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

Blogger has been a real pain in the bum recently, but if you persevere it works eventually.

Branching out is looking good so far, it comes out amazing once blocked.

 
At 4:47 pm, March 31, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Branching Out is looking good! River is on my list of "things to knit" too - I have the yarn and the needles, just need the time now!

There's loads of great knitting and yarn podcasts about - something cool to listen to on your new I-pod! I have links to my favourites over on my blog.

 
At 7:45 pm, March 31, 2006, Blogger KnitYoga said...

Branching Out is a lovely pattern and I really like the colour you've chosen. I've been having trouble with Blogger uploading photos, too, but it seems to have settled down again now - until next time! :-)

 
At 1:54 am, April 02, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Branching out is so pretty! Il ove these lacey patterns in scarves, and sometimes wonder if I should use the pattern in socks too...
iPod = PODCASTS! The B5 one is a bit odd (not exactly professional) but there are lots of good knitty ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home