Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Beware the Ides of March

'Tis over a week since I last posted, not for want of things to blog, but for want of pictures. I finally got around to getting some pictures in the remaining daylight just now.

First off, my haul of the extremely bargainous Jaeger Shetland Aran from Jannette's Rare Yarns. I still can't quite believe I got 1kg of this amazing 80% merino 20% alpaca for so few pounds. Thanks to TGirl for mentioning it originally (and for further advice!) - I then hovered and ummed and aahed for a week or more before finally snagging some. This is more than enough yarn to make something like the Rogue Hoodie.



Next up is Odessa, knit in Wendy Supreme 100% cotton in pale lilac, without the beads. This is destined as a chemo cap for Mandy's Caps for a Cure knitalong. I originally started this a week ago. All went well with the ribbing, then I came home from work and started on the pattern ... on the first round I managed to lose 3 stitches :-) I ended up frogging and starting again as trying to unpick it was proving more trouble than it was worth!



At the weekend I started a steek boa for Mother's Day - it's almost three quarters done and I only knit on it on Saturday and Sunday. I did need a break from the big needles for a while after that!



The yarns I'm using are:
- Stylecraft 100% wool DK in purple
- Twilleys Freedom Wool (chunky) in purples/greens mix
- Adriafil Baroque, 4 balls in the lighter shade shown here and one darker toning ball used in the central part of the boa (you can see the darker section at the top of the picture)
- Colinette Giotto tape yarn in Raphael
- Patons Whisper in black

I'm looking forward to unravelling this one and cutting the loops, to see how the colours play against one another.

Clapotis continues apace, more pictures when I'm heading towards the decreases (and I need to hide it from Erin, hee, thanks for your comments!).

Thanks for all your good wishes for Xander - he has just finished his course of antibiotics and we are now just keeping a watchful eye on him. He seems fine at the moment. Diane - there are some pictures of the chinchillas here :-)

Carrie Anne - it is indeed the Waterlily top in Interweave Knits :-) I think it's lovely and almost as soon as I saw it, got my Denise set out and fitted the needles and cords together :-) A bit previous I think until I've finished Clapotis at least!

I started my list at the weekend, of things I'd like to knit. I think it already has around 30 entries! Some of those are multiples as well, like "Dulaan hats". Now I need to give some thought to *when* I'm going to do them all. At this rate I'll have enough stacked up for the next 5 years!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:42 am, March 17, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

What pretty yarn to add to your stash! Odessa is looking good! I am glad that Xander is doing better! Have a great weekend!!

 
At 2:21 pm, March 17, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

More gorgeous yarn! So glad to hear that Xander is doing better.

How do you get along with the Denise needles? I'm thinking of investing in a set, as they look to be very useful.

 
At 4:54 am, March 18, 2006, Blogger My Five Sons said...

I was just looking at your simply Knitting Mag and it looks fantastic, I could wear something like that here as it gets very cold here no snow as real snow but enough to sting the nose!
I have noticed a distinct difference in the designs between Aussie knits and those from Europe,ours tend to be more classic and of course there is a distinct abscence of sock yarns here. A few are popping up but on the whole, there far more available overseas.

 
At 5:51 am, March 19, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

May I just say that you have most *excellent* taste in colour. :-) Lovely stash enhancements, and may Xander thrive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home