Saturday, February 04, 2006

Yummy yarn

I had not one but two parcels of yarn to open tonight :-) The Fyberspates yarn from ebay (7 50g skeins of DK in Wild Foxglove) is gorgeous. There was also a parcel sent directly from Norway by DROPS/Garnstudio, with a pile of lovely Karisma Superwash 100% wool in black. This is intended for a sleeveless tank top-type creation (another practical knit!). Pictures this weekend in daylight, including boa updates.

Erin, as regards a shawl, I'm currently looking around for a suitable pattern. I don't want a horrendously complex one for my first attempt :-) I'd be grateful for any links to good patterns that you may have! I don't feel confident enough to wing it just yet - and I need to check yardage against patterns. I'll most probably use a shawl for when I'm sitting in bed reading, to keep my shoulders/arms warm :-)

Thanks ever so much for your kind offer acrylik - I will email you tomorrow :-)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:21 pm, February 04, 2006, Blogger tgirl147 said...

I write as the previous owner of the truly gorgeous fyberspates wild foxglove DK. Such a beautiful yarn but I got sucked into buying it without realising that the colourway made me look near death! It sat in my enormous stash until I realised it would find a more loving and deserving home somewhere else. I can't wait to see what you do with it. Clapotis always looks fab.

Thanks for your reassuring comments regarding the Enormous Baby sweater. I went shopping this afternoon to replenish my depleted yarn hoard. If it gets below five boxes I start to get palpitations! Love your blog. T x

 
At 10:26 pm, February 04, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Isn't it exciting to get yummy new yarn? I love getting stuff in the post...
Something I've noticed is that you are able to get different sorts of yarn now and it is much more available - england is finally getting the knitting bug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home