Friday, February 24, 2006

Progress pictures ahoy

I've got the day off work today, mainly to be here when the courier turns up with a bulk order of chinchilla food! I took photos of progress on my current WIPs earlier, when the sun made an appearance, so for once no camera flash:



Latifa - there is a definite tension change from when I started wrapping the yarn, but it also seems more even overall.



Clapotis - not far from the end of section 2 in the pattern, the increases. I'm assuming the eyelets left by the yarnovers / k2togs are supposed to be there and serve a purpose! This is in the Fyberspates DK in Wild Foxglove. We used to have a few foxglove plants in the garden, we're going to buy some more this Spring, inspired in part by the yarn :-)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:58 pm, February 24, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

I agree, the clapotis looks very summery.

 
At 7:03 am, February 25, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Such a pretty clap! The holes are there to hold the base of the dropped threads.
Latifa makes me think of a cone of gelati with one of my faves, pistachio (except I can't have dairy now, sigh!)

 
At 10:39 pm, February 25, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Love Latifa - the colours remind me of neopolitan ice cream :)

The Clapotis colour is beautiful too, you can see it's going to be stunning.

 
At 11:40 pm, February 25, 2006, Blogger tgirl147 said...

This just looks gorgeous - especially the green as it is that "new leaf" spring colour. Good luck with Clapotis - I have long admired it but am not sure I have the staying power to knit it!

 
At 11:48 am, February 26, 2006, Blogger Sharon J said...

That 'Wild Foxglove' is gorgeous! I'm sure Clapotis is going to look stunning when she's finished. You've actually inspired me to plant some more foxgloves this spring. We also 'used' to have some. Everybody said "Oh, you don't want those, they'll take over the garden" and yet last year there were none :(

~Sharon

PS: Thanks for your comment re the novel blog. I've started it :)

 
At 12:22 am, March 01, 2006, Blogger Diane said...

What a lovely colour combination...i bet you can't wait until you start dropping stitches? I know i couldn't!LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home