Sunday, February 05, 2006

The finished steek boa



Had fun unravelling the second side of the boa this afternoon after doing the first side last night. It is now done and dusted, all the loops cut and unravelled back to where they should be. I found I couldn't do the last stitch properly until I was cutting the loops. This is a fun knit and a good stashbuster - my thanks to Mary Lou for creating the pattern. In fact thanks to all of the knitters and designers who make patterns freely available over the internet. It's a fantastic resource and very generous to give something you have spent time creating, for free to the whole world! (BTW the colours on these photos are pretty accurate compared to the previous progress pictures).





Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 6:17 pm, February 05, 2006, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

LOL Hazel I think you are possibly missing the point of stashbusting! I can't talk really as I had to buy the mohair for this one :-)

 
At 7:38 pm, February 05, 2006, Blogger Mary-Lou said...

The scarf looks really great, and I think the mohair was an excellent choice! - if only a few more spinners did mohair, I'd be very happy - have been driven half crazy in a recent search for something even a little bit 'fluffy'. KSH is OK, but for the most part it's too fine for me, so I'd end up having to use it at least doubled, which is certainly not a cheap proposition

 
At 9:37 am, February 06, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

It looks fantastic. The yarns compliment each other really well.

 
At 11:13 am, February 06, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Wow - just *gorgeous*! I bet you'll receive loads of compliments when wearing it.

 
At 4:45 am, February 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

That is just simply gorgeous!!! I love the colors! Thanks for joining the group!!!

 
At 3:50 pm, February 25, 2006, Blogger Sharon J said...

That's absolutely gorgeous! I'm so envious! I bet you'll get tons of positive comments when you wear it. ~Sharon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home