Sunday, January 08, 2006

Slanted eyelet scarf



The secret baggie is finally cast-off, pinned together and waiting for finishing! As I'd promised my sister a scarf for her birthday, I cast on the slanted eyelet scarf on Wednesday. Good progress has been made and it's currently arund 4 feet long. I've decided to join in another ball and add another foot or so.

The pattern is the January 4th entry on the Knitting Pattern A Day 2006 calendar, and was written by Sandi Rosner for Alchemy Yarns. I've used Noro Kureyon on 5.5mm needles.




This scarf marks two firsts for me - using yarnovers and K2tog to create eyelets, and felted joins. This yarn is very keen to felt, and I've found some sections are rather fluffed up as if they've spontaneously felted within the ball! I made the join at the central purple section, joining in deep purple which made a reasonable transition. There is almost a symmetrical effect in the colours at the moment. I'm hoping to finish this today and get it washed (very gently) and pinned out to block. With luck the pattern will open up and we'll see the eyelet effect in all its glory.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:34 am, January 09, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

It's gorgeous, the colourway is working out really well.

I bet your sister will love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home