Saturday, January 21, 2006

Pretties and lovelies

I have some piccies I took today, however before I post them Hazel asked:

- about "Knitting" magazine - it was the first UK knitting mag. I found, in summer 2004 on holiday in Cornwall. For some reason I can't find them on the shelves up here very often. I think it's OK and they have quite a lot of patterns. If you get both that and SK you notice some repetition. I'm happy to subscribe to both at the moment.

- the Knitting pattern a day calendar - I got mine from Calendar Club and they still have it in stock!

Firstly here's the Garnestudio Silketweed and Koigu KPPPM Merino (shade 121), and the beginning of "Latifa":



I managed to lose a stitch for a few rows after the change to green, now idea how. I knit into front and back of the end stitch to get back to the right number, but decided not to rip back. The ruffles will more than disguise it! Not too much progress as I had to wait a few days for the natural/beige yarn to arrive. I love the colours though, like ice cream.

Next is the Lasso yarn from Colinette. It's very soft and silky-feeling, and appears to take the dyes very well, very rich shades. I haven't wound any or knit with it yet but will definitely use bamboo needles :-)



The flash makes it look even more lurid than is actually is, the shade is Jamboree. This is intended for the ruffled bodice top from the Muse pattern book.

Here's the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk aran:



Not such a good photo, but it shows the lovely sheen this yarn has. This is shade 12, Berry.

This leads me nicely to the two DB pattern books that arrived today from Lavender Yarns. Beautifully wrapped in lavender-coloured tissue and tied with a ribbon, with a sachet of lavender foot cream, lovely. Both books are for Alpaca Silk, the first for aran-weight and the second for DK. These seem like a great investment as there are lots of the patterns that I like and would make (not with Alpaca Silk itself though, pricey stuff! - although I'm toying with picking one of the DK designs to make with AS. Maybe the frill-edged cardigan or the simple wrapover).

Here's the sari silk from eBay:



Hm, Blogger doesn't seem to be letting me add anothe rphoto to this posting so I'll end this one here!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:09 am, January 22, 2006, Blogger Diane said...

I like your Latifa...it reminded me of neopolitan ice cream we used to have as kiddies!:) It looks just as yummy too!

 
At 2:34 am, January 22, 2006, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Thanks all :-) The Silketweed is very nice yarn, slighly "nubbly" which gives it quite a texture when knitted up.

Hazel I'm intrigued by your KPPPM secret now :-D

 
At 11:51 am, January 22, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

Wow, you've got some gorgeous yarn there. I can't wait to see the results when you knit it up.

 
At 3:14 am, January 24, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Look at all the yummy yarn!! I can't wait to see how everything turns out!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home