Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Finished rib hat and one wrister

Finished the ribbed hat last night, after surviving my stitch/end of row marker falling off and my not noticing, on the 3rd or 4th decrease row! Managed to work out roughly where I was and I think I got away with it.



Pattern: Ribbed watch cap
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in black
Yardage: Almost 180m / 196 yards (2 x 50g balls)

The only change I made to the pattern was to add an extra 10 stitches, however rib is very forgiving and I probably didn't need to.

On the left is me inexpertly modeling the first wrister-warmer (the odd bulge in my sleeve is a tissue, see how professional a photographer I am ...). I made that this afternoon, after being off work feeling a bit lousy. It's from the Pattern-A-Day calendar, just worked in simple 1x1 rib. Very warm it is too (Hazel, I'd rather the weather warmed up so I didn't need to make wristies as a matter of emergency!). Hoping to finish the other one tonight so I can use them tomorrow.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:09 pm, January 26, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

They look good and really warm. I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer too.

Hope you feel better soon.

 
At 6:04 pm, January 26, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Those look really warm!! I bet they are super soft too!

 
At 1:23 am, January 27, 2006, Blogger dreamcatcher said...

Thanks - the wristies were really warm today, and very soft. My hands can get very cold sometimes even in a warm-ish room, so I will definitely make some more. Sounds like you definitely need some to wear in that computer room Erin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home