Friday, January 27, 2006

Finished and started

I managed to finish the second wristie last night, and wore them to work today (feeling better, thanks!), along with the hat. In fact the wristies spent the whole morning on my hands, I was loath to take them off! The hat also stood up well to the cold, had to scrape some ice off the car this morning so a bit of standing about outside. It's much nicer to wear than my shop-bought acrylic hat, which tends to grip your head like a vice (well, not quite, but it's quite snug and doesn't have a lot of give).

I cast on for another hat tonight, for a friend, this one in navy aran 100% acrylic. I'm using Ann Budd's hat instructions as a guideline.

Poor Latifa has been neglected this week but I intend to make some progress this weekend.

I got me some pretty javascript progress bars, courtesy of this site. I picked the colours stright off the Paint Shop Pro pre-defined palette and they seem to tone in nicely. I'm also wanting to tinker with this blog template. Had a scan through it earlier this week, and found that the titles on the sidebar were using a non-existent style. I copied the darned thing into Homesite and ran a search on it, I was convinced that Blogger wouldn't have something as obvious as that wrong! Looks like I was wrong! Being a bit of a web design person I want to end up with a more personalised template - I can do CSS up to a point, so watch this space, we may have some bizarre things happening with the layout :-)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:40 am, January 27, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

I love wrist warmers too. I have a fleece lined pair which are fab.

 
At 5:40 pm, January 27, 2006, Blogger acrylik said...

Your wrist warmers look great - I am seriously considering making a pair very soon as it has been sooo cold in our office recently.
Thanks too for the link to the percentage bars code - I have been looking for something like this for a while.

 
At 12:23 am, January 28, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I am glad that you got your other wrist warmer done! And glad that you are feeling better! Enjoy your weekend! Happy Knitting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home