Monday, December 26, 2005

Hurrah!

A quick Boxing Day post to report that all of the knitted presents went down well. So well in fact that my aunt was convinced we'd bought the scarf, and was rendered semi-speechless (no mean feat) when I told her I'd made it :-) Now my mother wants a fluffy scarf after seeing this one!

I'm making good progress with the Dulaan scarf now, it should be finished fairly soon. My plan is to have no projects from 2005 carrying over into 2006 (sounds like a New Year's resolution there).

This does mean I have to frog the Giotto camisole back section, my first ever real frogging (ripping a hat back after 2 whole rows doesn't count!). The yarn will be put to better use elsewhere.

Off to sort out the rest of Boxing Day lunch now!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:12 pm, December 26, 2005, Blogger Rain said...

It's such a compliment when people can't believe you made it yourself.

I'm desperately trying to finish stuff by the New Year too. It's nice to start with a fresh slate.

 
At 9:01 am, December 27, 2005, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Woo hoo! I can't believe it's handmade! (much better than I can't believe it's not butter!)
Time ot go back into the airconditioned room - it is over 30 in here and no air is moving. Blah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home