Saturday, December 31, 2005

Giotto Curly Whirlie

After a marathon finishing session last night, here is the completed curly whirlie scarf:



Apologies for the camera flash effect, the quality of daylight is quite poor at the moment.

Yarn: Colinette Giotto cotton/rayon tape, shade Raphael
Pattern: based on UKnitty's pattern, with changes as noted below
Needles: 8mm, 80cm Addi Turbo circular needle
Yardage: around 180g / 260 yards (2 skeins required)

I think this came out quite well, and is certainly a better use for this yarn, which tends to sag in a flat knitted piece!

I cast on 150 stitches and followed the pattern as written until the 6th row after the second increase (600 stitches). At this point I knit two more rows, then cast off without doing the final increase.

There is another 120g-ish of this yarn left, and I may well make another scarf using this and some plain black Patons Whisper. That's me off to join the Curly Whirlie blog then!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 5:27 am, January 01, 2006, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Hey, yay me! New house! Fryingly warm yesterday, today a cold change hit and it is raining right at this very minute. And you've had snow and a cold snap. Weird
Love the curly whirly scarf. I can feel one or 10 coming on - I am unpacking the stash and I have a little too much yarn I think.
Happy New Year :-)

 
At 11:43 am, January 01, 2006, Blogger Rain said...

Ooo, that's pretty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home