Friday, December 23, 2005

All knitted out ...

... at least where Christmas gifts are concerned, I finished the last one today. No pictures due to me wrapping them up as soon as finished. I made a scarf and bag in Patons Whisper Lurex (black), this knits up as a very soft, almost bulky fabric. The bag is quite simple, a rectangle with 2 i-cord short handles, and a closure using a sparkly translucent flower-shaped button.

I'm very glad to have finished my knitted gifts in time. Next year I doubt I'll be quite as ambitious! I see my knitting as a relaxing creative pastime, and having looming deadlines made worse by unexpected illness, takes all the fun out of it. I'm very pleased with how the gifts turned out though.

Tonight I did another chunk on the Dulaan scarf, while watching "Most Haunted". I've only really "discovered" this programme recently, and am rather addicted.

The scarf and bag project will be finished before I start any more projects, I don't want to head into the new year with half-done items languishing in my "in-progress" bag! The poor UFO, the Colinette Giotto camisole, will probably be frogged and turned into more useful objects, as I can't see me wearing it. I reckon it would make good curlie wurlie scarves :-)

Next posting some time next week - season's greetings all, have a great holiday!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:48 am, December 23, 2005, Blogger Rain said...

I hope you enjoy whatever you're up to.

It's good to have your knitting done on time. I know what you mean about looming deadlines, it can really take the fun out if making something.

 
At 1:21 pm, December 23, 2005, Blogger Diane said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

 
At 10:07 pm, December 25, 2005, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Merry Chirstmas! Getting the Christmas knitting done must feel great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home