Saturday, October 08, 2005

Pink is back

After a fair bit of browsing trying to find half-decent templates I could tinker with, and failing miserably, I found another Blogger template that seems to suit this blog better than Minima did :-) Minima is nice but I realised I don't really have the time to sit and edit and design - I'd rather knit!

Anyway - I like this combo of pink sidebars and white main area, so hopefully I'll stick with it.

I knitting news, I hadn't knitted all week, being busy sorting out after holidays and feeling tired. Fairly sure another bug-ette has wandered through my system this week. Roll on the flu jab in a few weeks' time! I seem to fight off everything so much better while that is active.

Picked up the Huffle scarf last night, so we now have 5 repeats. Current projects are:

- Hufflepuff scarf in 1x1 rib
- Dulaan scarf knit in the round (around 27 inches done)
- scarf in Colinette Point 5 yarn, one ball to go
- secret baggie, which I did do a little work on while on holiday, but not much

I also knit a hat in the same Point 5 yarn on holiday. It was a kit (4 x 100g hanks plus pattern) from the Colinette Mill Shop. A wonderful place if you ever get the chance to go.

Still no pictures of anything, not had time today and now it's dark (dark at 7pm now, ooh winter is coming). I may not have a chance tomorrow, as we have visitors coming, but I might do some snapping if I get up early enough!

The yarn has arrived for the Dr Who and Gryffindor scarves. McA Direct were super-fast shipping it out. The Sirdar Country Style DK (Dr Who) is lovely, the colours are rich and autumnal - maybe could have done with a wee bit more contrast between the bronze and russet shades, but since they will be separated by other colours I think it will be fine. Strangely enough they look more different in electric light than they do in daylight.

The Gryffindor yarn is Patons Diploma DK, in Berry and Honey. If I have any willpower I won't start this until the Huffle scarf is finished. Since I already have 4 different things on the needles, plus needing to make at least one scarf as a Christmas present, I doubt one more "current project" will hurt :-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:54 am, October 09, 2005, Blogger yarnivorous said...

This new template is very pretty and clean!
Which version of the Dr Who scarf are you making, and will it be the full ?7'? long?
(the comment verifier was almost as long!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home