Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Hufflepuff K1P1 scarf progress

I'm part way through the sixth set of trapped bars on this, so almost half way done. The yarn may or may not last to allow the full 14 sets though. I didn't calculate yardage properly when I bought it, and had to guess anyway as the atypically.net yarn amounts are for a scarf knit in the round (not rib). It is also fairly pricey yarn (Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran) so I'm not really minded to rush and buy any more just yet! I figure I'll knit until I run out of yellow, and hope I can get to the full 14 sets before that happens :-) The scarf is around 38 inches long already so even if I only get 13 sets, for example, it will still be plenty long enough. I love the way the knitted fabric drapes and of course it is incredibly soft.

I've adopted a different approach to the edges - only slipping the first stitch of the row in the large yellow sections, and knitting/purling the first stitch within the trapped bar areas. Not sure if it vastly improves the look, but I don't think it is too shabby!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home