Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Dulaan scarf no. 1 progress

Here's the first Dulaan item I'm making. It's knit in the round in stockinette so is double-thickness, in chunky soft grey acrylic yarn. I think it is around 27 inches long at the moment, I'll knit around 66" and fringe the ends. I'm also planning on at least one hat in this yarn, I bought 1000g of it on eBay a year or so ago so I have quite a lot to go at! So far I've only used it in a striped scarf and figured it would be put to good use for somewhere where they really do need warm clothing.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:15 am, October 14, 2005, Blogger Diane said...

Someone will wear a very big smile when they snuggle into this lovely scarf...Have you seen Ewan McGregor and Charley Boormans TV programme "Long Way Round"by any chance?
http://www.longwayround.com/intro.htm
They visited the children in Ulan Bataar as they passed through Mongolia.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home