Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Colinette Point 5 hat

Hey hey, knitting updates!

Firstly we have the hat I made on holiday. The story behind this is that we visited the Colinette mill shop at their workshops in Llanfair Caereinion, Wales. We stayed in Portmeirion for the week, and the trip to Colinette took around an hour and a quarter, driving past some stunning mountains and valleys. Sadly I was too busy navigating to take photos!

The mill shop itself is like yarn wonderland. There are two large rooms, one being a "sale yarns" area. Backing on to the shop itself is a big office with computers, where they probably take and process all of the online orders. It looks like a great place to work.

I ended up buying the hat and scarf kit (Point 5 yarn) from the sale area, some Graffiti yarn in two different colourways, and a "mill pack" for Lynne. I asked the lady who let us in to the shop (you have to ring a doorbell outside) if they had the mill packs, and she showed me where they were. I spotted some colours I thought would be ideal, but they were actually in a kit for a throw. The lady very kindly made up a custom mill pack for us using those colours. I highly recommend a visit if you are ever in the area!

The hat is in Point 5 chunky thick-and-thin pure wool, I don't know the colourway as it wasn't marked. It was knit up on 12mm needles and seamed, and took a couple of hours one evening!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home