Monday, September 19, 2005

Home again home again jiggity-jig

(with thanks to "Blade Runner" :-)

Thanks indeed for your kind words Erin - I think whip-stitching, although it may seem a bit of a cop-out, is probably a practical solution to the untidiness of the edges. Interesting they had to do it even on the movie scarves - did I just imagine they were machine-knitted or is that fact? I'm actually a little concerned I may run out of MC yarn before I get to 14 repeats :-) Whoever though 1x1 rib took less yarn than a tube scarf, was wrong - at least in this case! :-D

The tassel jig was made using a thin sheet of MDF (medium density fibreboard - probably called something different in the US). We had hardboard but the MDF is smooth and shouldn't snag the yarn. It will have its inaugural use on either the Huffle scarf or the tube scarf for the Dulaan project (aka the charitable project I mentioned yesterday - I'm now officially signed up!).

1 Comments:

At 11:04 am, September 20, 2005, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Aren't husbands useful creatures when they aren't being cavemen? LOL
The tassle jig is very clever - much niftier than using a DVD case...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home