Sunday, September 11, 2005

Finito

I cast-off the HP scarf last night! It is currently lying flat on the dining room table, drying after handwashing this morning. Once it's dry, the fringing needs to be added, and one of the small Gryffindor patches. Pictures when finally completed - it doesn't look very interesting lying on the table:-)

Made a tension swatch for the secret bag project this afternoon, using Jean Moss's hint of adding a 4-stitch garter edging all the way round. Came out pretty much spot-on, so I may well cast-on for that later. Also hoping to cast-on for the Hufflepuff K1P1 rib scarf (in aran-weight Cashmerino).

My only slight concern with that is weaving in the ends neatly enough - hopefully the ribbing will be fairly forgiving! I can always use square knots and minimise the weaving though.

ITV3 were showing "2001 - A Space Odyssey" while I was swatching. For some reason, not in widescreen, which does rather diminish the visual impact. I always end up admiring the production design in 2001. The spaceship interiors (love the yellow, white and black space-station-to-moon shuttle) and those fabulous chairs in the Hilton lounge on the space station.

1 Comments:

At 9:01 am, September 13, 2005, Blogger yarnivorous said...

Braveness - a 1X1 rib scarf! Enjoy ;-)
(No I don't like 1X1 rib)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home