Saturday, August 13, 2005

Stash-o-rama

As promised, some stash update pictures.

First, the new stash storage solution = 3 plastic clip-lid crates from Poundstretcher:



Next a skein (160g) of sari silk yarn from one of the two yarn shops in Penzance:



Some Wendy wool/acrylic jewel coloured yarn from the yarn shop in Falmouth:



Pale pink cotton/acrylic chenille/boucle type yarn from the other YS in Penzance:



100% wool Stylecraft DK, pink for the Knitty wavy scarf, and blue for a secret project:



Last but not least, the red and gold yarns (75% acrylic 25% wool DK) for the Gryffindor scarf (just over 3 inches completed). Both colors look lighter than they actually are:



Also found the answer I was looking for regarding casting-off in the round - just do what I did anyway and "fix" the slight gap. I love Knitting Help, what a great site, and often watching a demo of something will make it "click". I now also understand exactly what "pick" is in Continental style knitting, as opposed to "throw" that I do :-)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:02 am, August 16, 2005, Blogger yarnivorous said...

ohmigod - stash! You have lots of stash! OK, I have more but I've been collecting it for a while and am trying to stop. Not very successfully, I might add... Yes, the knitty help pages are good when you friends get busy and useless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home