Here's the sad and sorry KSH moss stitch scarf - hardly anything done on it, and no enthusiasm to continue! It's a lovely fabric but the fundamental problem seems to be that the yarn is SO fine, I find it difficult to handle. Maybe my fingers lack the dexterity for knitting with sewing cotton :-)
My other WIPs are of course listed in the sidebar, main progress has been with the shrug in the last week or two. I now have all the pieces completed, the next job is to seam the shoulders and knit on the ribbed edgings. I dug the BdF jacket and yarn out of the wardrobe and after the shrug is complete, that is next to be finished.
I placed my first order with elann.com recently too. I decided to make Ivy from the latest Knitty, and worked out that even with air shipping, it would cost the same or cheaper to buy the original alpaca yarn from elann, than buy a substitute over here :-) Elann were extremely fast to ship and the yarn arrived in double-quick time. It's the Peruvian Quechua which is 60% alpaca, 40% tencel. I got the Saxony Teal as used on the original garment, I love aqua/turquoise/teal shades and I wasn't disappointed with this one. When I checked a few days ago the Saxony Teal looked to be sold out, glad I didn't dither too long :-)
Here's the end result of an ebay purchase I made a couple of months ago. I bought a kilo of Rowan Calmer which was sold in 2 skeins, one twice as big as the other. The larger skein was too big and heavy to use the swift so a chair back had to do! I'd wound the smaller skein into balls not long after I bought it but hadn't had enough spare time to attempt the bigger one until this week. It's shade Kiwi, a pretty soft lime colour. This should make a sweater and something else smaller, I have the Calmer pattern book and there are a number of garments in there that I like.
I received a lovely package in the post this morning, courtesy of Hazel of Knitz & Glitz. Firstly there is the pretty Helix Pin:
And secondly the lovely set of Clapotis stitchmarkers. These have extra-large rings and will cope with up to 10mm needles: